Bio-reference for Dr. Mark I. Miravalle, S.T.D.
Dr. Mark Miravalle, husband, permanent deacon, and father of eight, earned his Sacred Theological Doctorate at the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas in Rome. Dr. Miravalle has been teaching at the Franciscan University of Steubenville since 1986. He is President of the international Catholic movement, Vox Populi Mariae Mediatrici (Voice of the People for Mary Mediatrix). Dr. Miravalle is known for his international lectures in Mariology. He has addressed several episcopal conferences, including that of South India, Nigeria, Venezuela, and Costa Rica. In addition, he has served members of the episcopal hierarchy with preliminary investigations for reported apparitions, and has made many conference appearances as well as several television appearances, for example on EWTN and Fox News. He also produces a biweekly Mariology television show for www.airmaria.com.
Dr. Miravalle is the author of numerous books and articles in the area of Mariology and Marian private revelation. His most recent books include:
Introduction to Mary: the Heart of Marian Doctrine and Devotion
Marian Private Revelation: Discerning with the Church
The Seven Sorrows of China
Meet Mary: Getting to Know the Mother of God
Editor, Mariology: A Guide for Priests, Deacons, Seminarians, and Consecrated Persons
Synthesized CURRICULUM VITAE
Mark I. Miravalle, S.T.D.
1. Bachelor of Arts in Theology, University of San Francisco.
2. Graduate, St. Ignatius Institute Catholic Great Books Program, University of San Francisco.
3. Sacred Theological License, Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (Angelicum) in Rome.
4. Sacred Theological Doctorate, Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas (Angelicum) in Rome.
1. New Catholic Encyclopedia, entry “Medjugorje,” 1989.
2. Contributor, National Catholic Register.
3. Contributor, Inside the Vatican.
4. Book: The Message of Medjugorje: The Marian Message to the Modern World, University Press of America, 1985.
5. Book: Heart of the Message of Medjugorje, Franciscan University Press, 1988.
6. Book: Medjugorje and the Family, Helping Families to Live the Message, Franciscan University Press, 1991.
7. Book: Mary: Co-redemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate, Queenship Publishing, 1993.
8. Book: Mary Co-redemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate: Theological Foundations, Queenship Publishing, 1995.
9. Book: Mary Co-redemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate: Theological Foundations II, Queenship Publishing, 1997.
10. Book: The Dogma and the Triumph, Queenship Publishing, 1998.
11. Book: Contemporary Insights on a Fifth Marian Dogma: Mary Coredemptrix, Mediatrix, Advocate, Theological Foundations III, Queenship Publishing, 2000.
12. Book: Mary Co-redemptrix: Doctrinal Issues Today, Queenship Publishing, 2002.
13. Book: Present Ecclesial Status of Devotion St Philomena, Queenship Publishing, 2002.
14. Book: In Continued Dialogue with the Czestochowa Commission, Queen Publishing, 2002.
15. Book: “With Jesus”: The Story of Mary Co-redemptrix, Queenship Publishing, 2003.
16. Book: Introduction to Mary: The Heart of Marian Doctrine and Devotion, Queenship Publishing, 2006.
17. Book: Private Revelation: Discerning with the Church, Queenship Publishing, 2007.
18. Book: The Seven Sorrows of China, Queenship Publishing, 2007.
19. Book: Meet Mary: Getting to Know the Mother of God, Sophia Institute Press, 2008.
20. Anthology Editor, Mariology: A Guide for Priests, Deacons, Seminarians, and Consecrated Persons, Queenship Publishing, 2008.
III. International Lecturer in Mariology and Marian Apparitions:
1. Mariological Lectures in The Philippines, Bolivia, India, Nigeria, Ireland, Mexico, Italy, Austria, United States.
2. Mariological Presentation, Episcopal Conference, South India.
3. Mariological Presentation, Episcopal Conference, Nigeria.
4. Mariological Presentation, Episcopal Conference, Venezuela.
5. Mariological Presentation, Episcopal Conference, Costa Rica.
6.Mariological Presentation, one week study given at the Mariological Institute, Ibadan,
IV. President, International Catholic Movement Vox Populi Mariae Mediatrici (Voice of the People
For Mary Mediatrix)
1. Cover story for Newsweek, August 1997.
2. New York Times article, December 2000.
V. Television and Radio Shows
1. Numerous ‘Mother Angelica Live Shows’.
2. Series Johnette Benkovich.
3. Mariological series at Apostolate of Family Consecration.
4. ‘Behold Your Mother’ Radio Show, WEWN Mother Angelica Radio Network.
5. National Family Catholic Radio, weekly show on the Blessed Virgin Mary.
6. Interview CNN Latin America.
7. Interview BBC England.
8. Interview BBC Washington D.C.
9. Interview Fox News.
10. Television show “Franciscan Focus.”
VI. Present Occupation:
Area of specialization: Mariology and Spiritual Theology.
Awards: Columbia Devlin Award, Teacher of the Year, Franciscan University of Steubenville: 1987, 1993, 1997, and 1998.
VII. Most importantly: Husband to Beth Miravalle, father to eight children: John-Mark, Michael, Sister Maria, Mariana, Joseph, Annaleah, Mary-Bernadette and Philumena.